Welcome to ICISS!
The Integrated Cancer Information and Surveillance System
Improve cancer outcomes in North Carolina by enabling innovative research for understanding how to
- discover risk factors for cancer
- best prevent and treat cancer
- how to disseminate and implement proven prevention, early detection, and health systems changes
- improve life after a cancer diagnosis
What is ICISS?
The Integrated Cancer Information and Surveillance System provides a prospective data linkage between metrics of cancer incidence, mortality, and burden in North Carolina and data sources at an individual and aggregate level that describe health care, economic, social, behavioral, and environmental patterns.
- Systematic surveillance and an array of epidemiological, prevention, and health services research spanning the cancer care continuum
- Grow to include linkages to multiple population-based, clinical, administrative and other data sources.
How is it funded?
The University Cancer Research Fund (UCRF) generously provides funding via the State of North Carolina for cancer research including this phase of building the ICISS resource.